If your child shows any of the following symptoms, you will be notified by the Director or Head Teacher to pick your child up within one hour. Children may return only if they are symptom-free or if accompanied by a doctor’s note stating that they are able to return to group care.
These symptoms are as follows:
- Fever of 101 degrees or above
- Red, irritated, sore throat with trouble swallowing
- Unusually dark, tea colored urine
- Heavy green nasal discharge
- Severe cough
- Gray or white stools
- Headache and stiff neck
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Unknown skin rash
- Eye infection
- Any contagious illness such as chicken pox, roseola, rubella, measles, etc.
- Unusual behavior (cranky or less active than normal – crying more than usual
or general discomfort.)
- Any child with a fever of 101 degrees or more will NOT be permitted to remain
in the Center. In order to return to the center, your child needs to be fever free for
24 hours. Your child may return to the Center the following day.
- Any prescription or non-prescription medicine (such as Tylenol or any pain
and fever medication) will NOT be administered unless a written note from a doctor
is provided specifying the time of administration. The physician’s phone number
and liability release for emergency treatment must be available as well.
- In case of an emergency the school will contact 911 and the child will be
taken to the nearest hospital. Parents will be notified immediately. This will also
apply to any dental emergency
Thank you for your cooperation and strict observance of this illness policy.
- A child must be ready for potty training at our discretion.
- Parents must provide at least 5 training pants daily.
- Laundry service is not available, so please bring at least two
complete change of clothes for those children still in diapers. Bring one
change for potty-trained children.
- Parents must accompany their children inside and release to the staff present in the room.
- Parents must sign their children in and out as it is mandatory by law. There is a $20 fee for each time parents do not sign their child in/out. After 3 notices, My Preschool reserves the right to terminate the enrollment contract.
- No toys are to be brought into the Center (except security blankets for two-year-olds and on Friday – “Share Day”.
- My Preschool encourages parent participation in our program and extracurricular activities.
- Any breakage must be paid for by the child’s parents.
Parent Termination Notices
- A four week notice is required for children leaving the Center.
- The Infant and Toddler program includes breakfast, hot lunch, morning and
afternoon snack, juice and milk.
- Optional hot lunches are available for preschool children on parent’s request.
- My Preschool reserves the right of terminating the contract if:
- We are unable to meet the needs of the child/children and/or parents.
- Excessive late pick-up.
- More than three checks are returned from the bank.
- Non-compliance with the hours of care in the contract.